As I renovate a rural residential property in the wine country, people have been asking,
What style are you going for? Country? Not really. Rustic? Not quite. Tuscan? No…
- High ceilings with exposed wooden beams.
- Gooseneck lamps with high-gloss metal shades.
- Bead board set horizontally on the bathroom walls.
- Open shelves cut from reclaimed barn wood.
- And some galvanized steel here and there.
Combine the above items with modern conveniences like a microwave drawer and an espresso station, lots of tall glass doors, and an unexpected splash of a bright color such as orange or chartreuse.
The style? Barn Modern ~ simplistic country style with a current edge… Oh, and the heehaw of a few mules who live next door.
My Barn Modern picks:
Barn door kits
Classic AGA Cooker
Swing beds (used indoors)
Jo Toscana, Girl named Jo