Everything you need to know about Hunter Douglas Designer Screen Shades.
Solar shades, a type of roller shade, are considered one of the most classic window treatment styles on the market, specifically designed to filter incoming light while at the same time providing view through. Are you considering this clean, contemporary window treatment style for your home? Then check out the many benefits of Hunter Douglas’ premiere solar shade – Designer Screen Shades – below:
- Glare Control
- Increased Privacy
- UV Protection
- Improved Energy Efficiency
- Heat Control
- Natural Light Management
- View through connection to outside
- Manage Light
Whether you’re trying to binge watch your favorite show or simply work on your computer, solar shades are designed to significantly reduce glare so you can better enjoy screen time. For optimal glare control, choose a dark-colored fabric, which will absorb more light.
Increase Privacy While Maintaining the View
Solar window shades come in multiple opacities (aka transparencies), ranging from most view/least privacy to minimal view/maximum privacy. Feel free to mix and match opacities based on the privacy needs of each individual window (even if they’re in the same room!).
Block Harmful UV Rays
Designer Screen Shades block between 86% and 99% of the sun’s damaging rays, protecting your furniture, floors, art and valuables from cracking or fading. This feature is particularly beneficial for rooms with East or West facing windows where sunlight shines directly in.
Improve Energy Efficiency
Screen shades in light colored fabrics are a great way to reflect solar heat, keeping your room from overheating and preventing your A/C unit from working overtime. This improvement in energy efficiency translates into a real dollar savings making solar shades a great return on investment.
Excited to see how Designer Screen Shades would look in your home? Then sign-up for a free virtual or in-home consultation with a Decorview window coverings expert in your area. Our nationwide network of designers are Hunter Douglas-certified and excited to help you choose the perfect solution for your windows and lifestyle.
Which Rooms are Best for Solar Shades?
- Living Room: Solar shades block the blinding sunlight while allowing natural light to float into your living room – these window treatments not only reduce glare, but they also block harmful UV rays, which have been known to damage furniture and even flooring.
- Kitchen: Solar shades are great in the kitchen if you want to see outside, while still giving you some privacy. With cooking oil sparking around the kitchen stove, counters, and window, solar shades can be easily cleaned with water. Also, if the sun directly hits your kitchen, solar shades are perfect for blocking harmful UV rays.
- Businesses: Solar shades are a perfect option for office buildings, restaurants, and doctor offices! Trying to reduce the glare on your computer screen? Solar shades are the solution. Is the sunlight ruining the view and overall restaurant experience for your customers? Solar shades can help! With germs traveling around the doctor’s office, you’ll need shades that are easy to clean and durable. Solar shades are just that!
- Bathroom: Solar shades are a no-no in the bathroom. The heat, humidity, and moisture do not mix well with solar shades. Also, your bathroom space is where you want the most privacy, so we suggest a moisture resistant shade that also maintains complete privacy.
- Bedrooms: Solar shades protect privacy but are best used in spaces where privacy is not the number one issue. With that being said, your bedroom privacy is important and is an issue when considering buying new shades and windows.
Solar Shades During the Day and Night
Solar shades provide the best privacy during the day – they are designed to reduce glare and block harmful UV rays while still providing the best view of the outdoors.
Solar shades do not provide 100% privacy at night, however, there are still options to help protect your nighttime privacy. Let’s explore your options:
- Dual Shades – Since solar shades are designed for sunlight control and not privacy, you can install two shades – solar shades and a privacy shade. With two shades, you can pull the solar shade down during the day and at night pull the privacy shade over the solar shade. Two separate shades will provide 100% privacy at night, which is especially important for bedroom space.
- Curtains – Not only will curtains provide the privacy you need, but they also add an interior design to any room. There are different colors, fabrics, patterns, and types of curtains, including blackout curtains, to help during the day and night. Solar shades and curtains are the perfect combination when looking for the best option to protect your room from harmful UV rays and nighttime privacy.
Hunter Douglas Solar Shades For You
Now that you know the benefits of installing Hunter Douglas Designer Screen Shades around your home, our Hunter Douglas-certified designers can help you select the shade shutters that perfectly fit your windows. We also design, measure, and install high-quality shades with a lifetime guarantee!
Give us a call at 1-877-917-3844 or schedule a FREE virtual or in-home consultation on our website https://www.decorview.com/free-consultation/.